REVIEW: HARRY POTTER: MAGICAL PLACES FROM THE FILM

HARRY POTTER: MAGICAL PLACES FROM THE FILM
by Jody Revenson

Pages: 208
Publisher: Titan Books
Publication Date: May 8th 2015
ISBN: 9781783296026
Received From:  Titan Books

Summary 

A comprehensive and delightful look at Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, The Burrow, Azkaban prison and all of the memorable places, both loved and feared, that brought the Harry Potter movies to life—a keepsake treasury bound in a debossed leatherette case and featuring a removable poster and interactive booklet.
Grand in its design and package, Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and Beyond offers an unprecedented look at the creative process that transformed the magical locations of the wizarding world from the page to the big screen. Inside, readers will discover the many challenges the studio faced to build the fantastical sites depicted in Rowling’s books, from Hogwarts castle and its many classrooms and dormitories, to Diagon Alley and the Ministry of Magic.
This stunning full-color compendium also includes two exclusive bonus inserts: a map of Diagon Alley folded in an envelope in the back of the book, and “The Paintings of Hogwarts” catalog inserted in the text.

Review

Something a little different this time around lovelies and I couldn't be more excited to share it with you. Titan Books sent me this beautiful copy of Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films and it's absolutely breathtaking.

Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films is a must have for any Harry Potter fan! Its a collection of photographs, sketches and original artwork depicting the different sets used for the beloved franchise. This stunning hardback goes into elaborate details showing how the films came together and it's an exciting addition to any Harry Potter fans bookshelf.

Flicking through this book I was taken back to my childhood, Harry Potter was the books my mum read to me and my brother on out holidays, bedtimes and whenever we could get her to. These where the movies I queued hours to see and still watch at every possible moment. This book has the perfect collection of photographs and details about the movie sets and it made me want to go to Hogwarts!

I'm still a little upset I didn't get my letter 11 years ago but I now have this beautifully illustrated book that makes it almost bearable that the series is over. Well worth the money and the perfect gift for any fan.

 photo 5moons_zps954f6675.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment