Guest Post: Emma Jones

 photo ScreenShot2014-06-20at224516_zps65130c6f.jpg


Emma Jones Writer & Blogger

The Awakening is a YA Paranormal Romance by Emma Jones and was published December 2013 on Amazon Kindle.
Synopsis -
Do you believe in vampires? Ghosts? The supernatural world?
Meet Lauren who instantly clicks with Gavin at a friend’s BBQ. Everything goes well until Lauren starts to experience strange things and hears a weird voice. It seems like a warning but from what? Lauren eventually makes the startling discovery that Gavin is a vampire and it has profound consequences for herself. The arrival of Daniel makes things even more confusing for Lauren as she is warned he is bad news from a ghostly source. Laurens life is turned upside down as things she thought were myths and legends become real and she struggles to cope with everything she has discovered.
Will Lauren and Gavin’s relationship survive and what about the mysterious Daniel?


I was inspired to write The Awakening by my love of the vampire genre. I have always loved vampire films (long before Twilight was born) and below I have listed my favourites –

The Lost Boys 1987- This was my first proper vampire film and I’ve watched it loads of times. The character of Michael was my favourite and the actor Jason Patric became my first film crush.

Interview with a Vampire 1994 – I love everything about this film and I’m sure most vampire fans will have watched it millions of times. I love the end scene and think the acting throughout is brilliant. The last quote “I assume I need no introduction. Oh Louis Louis still whining. Have you heard enough? I’ve had to listen to that for centuries.” is one of my favourites. Christian Slater was my crush from this film.

Blade 1998 – Love this think it maybe my favourite. Stephen Dorff is absolutely gorgeous and I still love him.

Blade 2 2002- This film has amazing acting from Luke Goss who is barely recognisable as Jared Nomak.

Blade 3 2004 – Brilliant end to the trilogy and more humorous than the previous two curtersy of Ryan Reynolds who has some brilliant one liners and obviously has an amazing chest! ;)

Twilight 2008 – I can’t believe the first film came out so long ago. I was always team Jacob and loved the films although always found Bella’s character annoying.  I watched all five of the films at the cinema the last being released in November 2012 and has the best fight scene ever and a brilliant end which I didn’t see coming. Loved it.

If you would like to contact Emma Jones check out the following links –

If you would like to purchase The Awakening follow the links below –


No comments:

Post a Comment