The Underdog

When it comes to the YA love triangle there's almost always an obvious pairing. But on more occasions that I can count I find myself routing for the underdog, even though you know he's not going to get the girl.

LINDEN from The Chemical Garden Trilogy
I know he technically bought Rhine and was holding her against her will and all, but he didn't know that! I felt that he genuinely fell into love with her and I can;t help but feel sorry for the guy! Although in all honestly I think that both Gabriel and Linden would have been better off without Rhine.


SIMON from The Mortal Instruments
Poor Simon, he never really stood a chance did he? Even when Clary found out - spoiler alert - that Jace was her brother she still loved him more than Simon. This is one of the few cases where I wasn't routing for the underdog though, because, I don't know about you? But I love him and Isabelle, which would never have happened if him and Clary had worked out.

DAMON from The Vampire Diaries
Okay I've not actually read this one, I tried, but I just couldn't get into it. However, I am a HUGE fan of the TV show. And I'm team Damon all the way! He's got just enough bad boy in him, not to mention the fact he's so much hotter than Stephan!! The only other underdog I love more than this guy is Klaus! I just want to give Klaus a massive hug and tell him he's not really a deranged sociopath.

CAM from Fallen
I don't know why I'm team Cam. In fact to start with I really wasn't! However, I think it must be the whole bad boy thing because I can't quite get behind Daniel. Maybe it's because he shakes things up a bit, it wouldn't be much of a story without Cam.


Xander from Matched
I was all for Ky to start with, I was, honest! But, Xander's just so perfect and understanding and kind. I honestly can't see why Cassia isn't dating him. I think this is one of the few times where I'd pick the safer option.



So their my teams. I have about a dozen more, but their the ones I'm most passionate about. What do you think? Are you routing for the underdog? Or do you prefer the more obvious couples??

2 comments:

  1. I'm team Damon all the way!!!!!
    I fell in love with cam too ..Didn't really feel good about the flipping the bird or the chipped tooth of Daniel ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really got the chipped tooth thing either...

      Delete